A model can be rapidly built by importing existing plans
Just about any specification of the building or the way it is used can be defined in the model, including:
- Dimensions of the building elements.
- Any material can be specified for individual walls, internal and external , either from an extensive library, or creation of custom materials.
- Exact type of glass, size of air gap and gas used in double glazing.
- Detailed specification of heating systems including radiators, underfloor heating and air-ducted.
- Activity and occupancy can be specified for each area with incidental gains.
- Thermostat settings and time schedules down to individual rooms.
- Different types of drapes and blinds.
- External shading, overhangs, wings and louvres.
- Simulated control of shading in response to sunlight strength or temperature.
- Different types of lighting with lighting controls can be specified to calculate lighting load.
- Air leakage and ventilation rates can be set.